April 3, 2016
Last week, you read here that David and Sue Linton were instrumental in translating The Jesus Film for various people groups around the world. Let's see what the months-long process looks like:
1. Lintons (and others) gather a group of local people who speak an unwritten language as their first language. These people also need to speak the language of the existing Jesus Film so they can translate it accurately.
2. Group splits into several mini-groups to listen to the Jesus Film script & create a rough draft
3. Mini-groups cross check rough draft from other mini-groups to avoid bad wording
4. Other groups "back translate" from the "new" language to the old
5. Suggestions for improvement are made and the whole process loops AGAIN
6. Consultants check new draft for theology accuracy
7. Voice actors are called in to begin recording
8. Experts on technical work like dubbing and film editing tweak video
**Are you exhausted yet?!
**PLEASE keep the Lintons and their translation teams in prayer this week!